Todd W. Leeson
EDUCATION B.S. Finance, Colorado State University, 1993
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Mr. Todd Leeson is an expert in the field of accounting, financial analysis, contract compliance and business development. He has extensive experience working with small government contractors to ensure their financial reporting and contractual obligations are being met. He has become an expert on FAR regulations and working with subcontractors in the formation and administration of collaborative agreements. Mr. Leeson has demonstrated his unique talents by creating flexible accounting solutions that provide management with the clear and concise financial information they need to make good decisions.
April 2005 – Present: Chief Financial Officer, Reaction Systems, Inc., Golden, CO
- Providing entire spectrum of financial support including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Job Costing, general ledger review, indirect rate development and financial reporting.
- Providing expertise in all FAR cost accounting regulations and DCAA policies and procedures.
- Creating cash flow analysis and decision support documentation
- Develop and document company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring GAAP compliance.
- Supplying documentation, justification and negotiation services for all DCAA audits, including Incurred Cost Audits, Provisional Billing Rate Audits, Government Property Audits, and Labor Floor Checks.
- Providing documentation and support for sales and use tax audits, general liability audits and workmans’ compensation audits.
- Reviewing contracts and giving guidance on various terms.
- Developing intellectual property agreements for potential licensing rights.
- Creating and administering subcontract agreements.
April 2000–April 2005: Financial & Contracts Manager, TDA Research, Wheat Ridge, CO
- Managed all finance and cost accounting for Government research and development company, carrying $10 million in annual revenue.
- Provided multiple accounting functions including A/R, A/P, payroll, general ledger, tax reporting, fixed assets, cash analysis, reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Analyzed financial performance and presented results to management.
- Evaluated financial ratios for efficiency and strategic planning.
- Evaluated cost principals for allowability on Government contracts.
- Initiated, tested and implemented new systems, policies and processes.
- Supervised administrative and clerical staff.
- Negotiated contracts with an emphasis on FAR and DFAR regulations.
- Set up new contracts, budgets and modifications into system.
- Assured compliance and alignment with industry best practice.
August 1999 – April 2000: Senior Accountant Materials Research Group, Inc. Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Prepared financial statements and reported findings to management.
- Provided job cost accounting for project management and evaluation.
- Researched and implemented successful investment strategy for capital preservation.
- Shipped large manufactured products internationally.
- Supervised large volume of purchasing activity.
- Managed human resource, benefits and administrative issues.
- Reviewed financial activity and audits with government regulators.
Member: Association of Government Accountants